Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

I'm very eager to get started on my action research of whether or not a math club would benefit the GT student in order to enhance their learning.  I've learned that action research doesn't just involve the leader/principal but may also involve the superintendent, principals, assistant principals and teachers.  Community leaders would also benefit from action research by assisting other stakeholders.  Posing a question of curiosity or concern begins the process of action research.  Once my question has been formed and thought out, I will then begin the next step in the actual inquiry or hands on if you will.  Reading literature on GT students and what helps to enhance their learning will be my next step.  I've also learned that it will take more than just reading literature on my question or concern of interest but using technology resources, talking with other teachers and leaders and maybe visiting a campus that actually conducts a math club for middle school students.  I'm hoping to use my action research to further enhance the learning of the "in between" and higher learners.  I feel that this action research is my plan of action to target those students who I feel have been forgotten about. 

Educational leaders might use blogs as another form of communication to retrieve and share ideas of their action research or whatever discussions that may be considered news. Blogging may also help leaders to assist one another in a common topic of interest by posting comments and suggestions. We learn from one another, so blogging would be a great communicative asset for leaders.

4 comments:

  1. After attending the web conference and reading the Dana text, I now realize that I may need to consider researching another plan. I've considered a chess club or teacher/student buddy system. I'm presently researching the benefits of an after school chess club for all learners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to follow your blog and follow your research. I too teach GT kids (along with many other students) and I would love to see what you find out. Good luck!
    (and do you mind following my blog? :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided to change my action research to creating a chess club to find out if students will become motivated in our school culture. Once they are motivated, hopefully they will take that intrinsic motivation into the classroom to increase learning, grades, attendance and test scores. I'm hoping for positive results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete